Work achieved

Arame Sene FIQWS HA 10025 November 10th, 2019 Bibliography annotation
 My first source about race discrimination, Jackson, Agnes Moreland. “To See The ‘Me’ In
‘Thee’: Challenge to All White Americans, or, White Ethnicity from a Black Perspective and a Sometimes Response to Michael Novak.” Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal, vol. 100, no. 3, 2017, pp. 199–221. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/10.5325/soundings.100.3.0199.. It is an article about racial issues between Black and White people in the United. The author Agnes Moreland Jackson talks about the unfair division that exists between these two classes and casts and how it affects lives. The author of the article gives specific explanations of what it means to be a person of color and how society treats and looks at them. That being poor is better than being black. I chose this article because it talks to me the most and answers my doubts and questions in my journey of finding my race and community. The other source is Bleakley, Hoyt, and Aimee Chin. “Language Skills and Earnings: Evidence from Childhood Immigrants.” The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 86, no. 2, 2004, pp. 481–496. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/3211642. Hoyt Bleakley and Aimee Chin is the author of this article. This a journal article and talks about language barriers associated with the lack of opportunities in the workplace. I chose this article because of the precise statistics it contains about people going through the struggle of learning a new language.